Hey there and welcome to my recipes blog!
Today's Starch Solution Soup recipe is excellent for maximum weight loss and eating on a calorie deficit. This savory Vegetable Soup is delicious when it's made fresh AND when you heat it up as leftovers.
- 1-2 celery stalks, diced
- 1-2 carrots, diced
- ½ a white onion, diced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2-3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 15 oz can of tomato sauce
- 2 bay leaves 1 tsp red chili flakes
- 1 tsp (or your preference) salt
- 1 tsp (or your preference) black pepper
- 3 cups frozen potatoes, diced
- 1-2 cups of frozen veggies (I had cabbage, you can add whatever veggie you have!)
- 4 cups veggie broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar
Make your own veggie broth by following this tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gp-ox...
- Sautee your veggies in a medium to a large saucepan
- When your veggies are soft, add in your tomato paste and sauce
- Add in your bay leaves and seasonings
- Add in your potatoes and frozen veggies
- Top your mixture with vegetable broth and bring to a simmer over medium heat
- After 5 minutes of simmering, add in your water
- Cook your mixture for 30 minutes with a lid, stirring every 5-7 minutes
- Once your soup has cooked for 30 minutes, remove the bay leaves (I added in peas but not necessary)
- Remove from the heat and serve! 😋
If you enjoyed this recipe and you want to learn more about how you can lose weight following The Starch Solution, check out my e-book!
I hope to see you back here soon.